What Is Considered A Casino Injury Case?
It’s no secret that Las Vegas is the Casino and Entertainment capital of the world; and Las Vegas locals and travelers from all over the world expect nothing less than the ultimate experience when visiting one. Each and every hotel or casino has a duty to ensure your safety and the safety of everyone around you so that you can enjoy your time there. However, an injury that occurs within the premises can quickly turn your visit sour.
When you think of hotel and casino personal injuries, liability claims involving slip and falls may be the only thing that comes to mind. While slip and falls are frequent injury incidents at casinos, there are a variety of other injuries an individual can succumb to while visiting a hotel or casino in Las Vegas:
- Slip and Fall: Slip and Fall injuries are among the most common kind of injuries in hotels and casinos. These injuries are often the result of patrons slipping on liquids that have been spilled and either not cleaned up properly or that lack the appropriate caution signage.
- Trip and Fall: Similar to slip and fall injuries, trip and fall injuries may be the direct result of the lack of appropriate caution signs. Stairs and steps that are not visible may cause patrons to step blindly up or down steps.
- Sexual Assault: Cases that involve sexual assault can leave cause emotional and physical harm. It is important to protect your rights to seek legal action against your assailant.
- Physical Assault: Physical assaults, whether the result of an altercation or an attempted theft, can leave long lasting injuries and you may be entitled to compensation for any assaults.
- Food Poisoning: While the health department has codes and operating procedures in place to prevent food poisoning, it still happens. A dining establishment has an obligation to follow health codes to ensure that you do not get sick from eating their food.
- Bed Bugs: Bed bugs are tiny, nocturnal insects that feed on sleeping animals. If you wake up in a hotel bed with bite marks on your skin there may be a bed bug infestation in your hotel room.
- Faulty Chair or Furniture Accidents: Each year, thousands of adults and children end up in the hospital due to broken chairs and faulty furniture. Common injuries from accidents of this nature can include tailbone, back, and hand injuries; all of which can be serious injuries if not treated.
- Elevator Accidents or Malfunctions: Elevator malfunctions can occur due to poorly kept machinery and can cause both physical injuries and emotional distress. When an elevator stops abruptly, the passengers may be jostled and hurt. Additionally, if an elevator fails to open the passengers may become trapped causing them to feel claustrophobic, anxious, or dehydrated.
- Staircase Accidents: Similarly to trip and fall incidents, staircase accidents involve an individual tripping and falling down a flight of stairs.
- Day Spa Negligence or Abuse: We visit spas to feel relaxed and rejuvenated, but when employees are not careful, there may be injuries due to negligence. You may be injured by the wrong product on your body or by hazardous conditions.
- Swimming Pool Injuries: Hotels and Casinos offer amenities such as pools for guests to relax. In Las Vegas, the Day Club is increasingly popular, combining nightclub worthy entertainment, poolside. Unfortunately, pools come with a risk of slipping, water inhalation, or even death.
- In – Room Accidents: Hotels may be liable for any injuries that you endure while staying at their property. This may include everything from faulty furniture to bed bugs.
- Ground Transportation Accidents: Hotels and Casinos offer shuttles to and from events both on the and off the Strip. If you are injured on these transports, the hotel may be liable for your injuries.
- Parking Lot or Parking Structure Accidents: Any injuries that you sustain on the premise of a hotel or casino, including in their parking structures may be the liability of the hotel or casino.
- Criminal Activity Due to Inadequate Surroundings (poorly lit or unmonitored areas): Hotels and Casinos offer security to ensure that their patrons suffer no harm. As a guest you expect your stay to be a safe one. If you are the victim of criminal activity on the premise of your hotel, you may have legal grounds to sue.
There are many potential hazards involved with hotels and casinos because of the multitude of departments associated with them. Accident reports can involve show or concert venues, valet, restaurants, hallways, hotel rooms, spas, swimming pools and hot tubs, bars, and any other area that is present in the facility. Unfortunately, people who have been hurt in this manner are faced with taking on a massive corporation in order to recover their losses. With that being such a difficult task to take on alone, Eric Blank Injury Attorneys wants you to know that we will be by your side every step of the way. Determining hotel or casino liability after an injury can be extremely challenging and the legal challenges can be difficult. Our casino injury attorneys have the experience and legal knowledge needed to help you successfully resolve your case.
Why Eric Blank Personal Injury Attorneys?
It’s not unheard of for casino executives to offer a few perks to the injured individual in order to put the situation in the past. Some of these perks can include free nights in their hotel, free meals or free show tickets. If you have been injured in a casino, be cautious when dealing with anyone who immediately attempts to ‘resolve’ the matter without the presence of Attorneys. They could potentially be waiving their right to pursue legal remedies that may be necessary for you case. As medical costs add up, income is lost and pain and suffering will persist. It is important to contact Eric Blank Injury Attorneys before making any sort of deal or settlement with the casino fat cats.
DO I HAVE A CASE?
Get a free case review and consultation today!