Rollover accidents typically occur as a result of an overcorrection in an attempt to avoid another accident, or as a result of another kind of accident escalating to the point of one or more vehicles rolling over. Often, when trying to avoid sideswiping another car, or swerving out of the way of an obstacle, the movement is too abrupt, and causes the tires to lose traction, and the driver to lose control of the vehicle. The situation quickly escalates, as one overcorrection leads to another, and the car becomes overturned. Regardless of the kind or cause of the rollover accident, there is a great potential for injury.
Rollover accidents can occur because of a variety of different circumstances. As stated above, the most common cause for these is simply overcorrecting. The irony is that this overcorrection typically takes place in order to avoid an accident, and ends up causing one instead. Distractions can play a part in the need for a sudden change of course, as often these obstacles are avoidable, and given that the driver pays full attention to the road, can be done so in a timely manner.
Sometimes there simply is not enough time to react calmly to these obstacles or potential accidents, however, and they arise out of nowhere. This initiates that knee-jerk reaction and sets off the chain of events leading to the rollover accident.
For many reasons, rollover accidents can be extremely detrimental. Not only do they cause extensive damage to the vehicle, but there is a tremendous potential for serious injuries. If not wearing a seatbelt, those riding in the rolled-over car can be easily thrown from the vehicle. Even if restraints are worn, other objects within the car become projectiles and can cause injuries while being tossed around during the accident. Last but not least, the sheer force of the car being rolled over can cause many shifts, tears, and breaks within the body, whether it is broken bones, torn muscles or ligaments, or nerve damage.
Not all of these injuries may be immediately apparent. More often than not, the symptoms of these injuries, especially soft tissue and nerve injuries, gradually appear over time and can last long beyond the accident itself.
No matter what caused the rollover accident, or what injuries occurred because of it, it is important to contact a qualified legal professional. Let Eric Blank Injury Attorneys handle your case for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover accident, the Car Accident Lawyers at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys can help you recover compensation for the damages and injuries that you have received. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical Expenses: You may receive compensation for the cost of medical transportation and treatment, including hospital stays.
- Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation is quite common and recommended. The cost of rehabilitation can often become a financial burden that should not be yours to bare.
- Lost Wages: If you must take time away from work for doctors visits or because you have lost the ability to work all together, you deserve compensation for lost wages and the loss of capacity to earn.
- Pain and Suffering: We know that not all injuries are visible. Auto accidents can be traumatic and dealing with the psychological burden may not be easy.
- Property Damage: Property damages in front-end collisions may cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other property damaged as a result.
Obtaining Legal Representation
The experienced auto accident attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys can lessen the stress and frustration that comes to auto accident victims. Our team of Personal Injury Attorneys can help you:
- Obtain medical records and bills from hospitals and treating physicians;
- Recommend follow-up treatment options;
- Obtain information from insurance companies;
- Submit settlement demands to insurance companies;
- Negotiate fair settlement offers; and
- File lawsuit and litigate the case in the court system if needed.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys
Car accidents that happen as the result of someone else’s negligence can cause physical and emotional pain as well as impact your quality of life. If you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover car accident, it is imperative that you contact the car accident attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Law. The car accident Attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys are knowledgeable with all variations of auto accidents and rollover collisions and are prepared to assist you in your claim against the at-fault party.
DO I HAVE A CASE?
Get a free case review and consultation today!