Top-Rated Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
LAS VEGAS DOG BITE INJURY ATTORNEY
Experienced Dog Bite
Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
If you have experienced a dog bite injury due to the negligence of the dog’s owner, chances are you are feeling more than bodily pain. You may also be experiencing emotional trauma, severe anxiety, confusion, and a sense of feeling lost when it comes to what your next steps should be. You have most likely been faced with unexpected hospital bills or had to miss work because of your injuries. If you have not been able to work, your ability to provide for yourself and your family has been seriously compromised. Clearly, this is a difficult time for you.
While we may not be able to completely erase the suffering you have experienced, our personal injury attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys will be able to relieve some of your stress when it comes to your personal injury claim. The injury Attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys are committed to representing injured plaintiffs. If you have been injured due to the carelessness of a dog owner, do not hesitate to take action. Contact Eric Blank Injury Attorneys to assist you in holding that party accountable for your loss.
Laws On Dog Bites
Nevada does not have specific dog bite laws like many other states do. However, if a person is attacked by a dog, the victim has the right to sue the dog’s owner for a personal injury. Typically, most dog bites occur on the property where the dog lives. In this particular case, these claims fall under premise liability. Premises liability cases are those where accidents occur on someone’s property. If the owner of the premises has not followed their legal obligation to provide a safe environment for their guests and visitors, that owner should be subject to a lawsuit. According to Nevada law, dog owners are responsible for their dog’s actions and homeowner’s insurance will pay for the damages. If you or a loved one has been bitten on the dog owner’s property, you should:
- Ask or obtain contact information from any witness that may have been present during the incident. We may be able to use their testimony, if needed.
- Report the incident to the owner of the property. Once the owner knows about the incident, he or she can get the issue taken care of to avoid any other injuries to another individual.
- If possible, remember to immediately take pictures of the scene. This prevents the owner to claim exaggeration on your part. Include several photos of the exact location where the injury occurred, the injury you sustained, and of the dog that bit you.
- Seek immediate medical treatment. By seeking emergency services, a record of the incident and your injuries will be established. Avoiding this step could be dangerous as you may have an injury that has a long-term repercussion that you are not aware of.
Unfortunately, about half of dog bite victims happen to be children. Next to playground injury incidents, dog bites are the second most common cause of childhood injuries. Many dog bite injuries towards children occur on the face due to the child’s height and can possibly result in disfigurement.
It is extremely imperative that everyone understands that all dogs can be dangerous, no matter the breed. Every individual must keep in mind that any dog may attack under certain circumstances. This is especially important to instill in small children when approaching other people’s pets. Some tips to remember to avoid injury are as follows:
- Do not quickly approach a dog you do not know. The dog may become protective of itself or its owner. Be sure to ask the owner if it is safe for you or your child to pet the animal before reaching out to touch it. If the owner gives permission, slowly approach the dog with your hand closed in a fist and the top of your hand towards the dog’s snout so it may smell you. This will allow the dog to become familiar with you and your fingers will be safe from being bitten.
- Do not bother a dog that is eating. Many dogs are naturally food aggressive and feel as though you may take the food away.
- Never approach a stray dog.
Martindale Award 2020
BETTER WITH BLANK
Our client reviews tell the story.
If you or someone you love is a victim of a dog bite, Eric Blank Injury Attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve. We understand the complex medical, legal and emotional issues related to dog bite accidents. We can make sure you get the medical care you need. We can help you obtain compensation to cover therapy, rehabilitation and job retraining. We can retain accident reconstruction experts, workplace injury specialists and investigators as needed. We know how to locate all sources of available insurance. We are experienced at going toe-to-toe with insurance adjusters.
Eric Blank Injury Attorneys are top AV-rated by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.
If you’ve suffered serious injury in a Las Vegas car, truck, motorcycle or workplace accident, trust our personal injury law team to work to get you fair compensation and maximum benefits. Call Eric Blank Injury Attorneys at (702) 213-9343 or fill out our free online case evaluation form for a free and confidential case evaluation today.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW NOW
Have you suffered an injury in Las Vegas or elsewhere in Nevada? You may be entitled to compensation if someone else was at fault for the accident. Find out whether you may have a case today. Fill out the simple form below to get started with a free claim review and get started on what your best legal options are. See how our injury accident attorneys can help.**
Our Practice Areas
Slip & Fall
Slip & Fall