Head Injury Accidents
Head injuries can occur in any kind of motor vehicle accident, however, the severity and type of head injury may differ depending on what kind of collision it was and how hard of an impact the crash created. For instance, rear end accidents pose different risks for injury than front end collisions do, just like t-bone accidents have unique risk factors from sideswipe accidents. They all present an opportunity for potential injuries, however, and should all be taken seriously.
Types of Head Injuries
The most common head injuries that occur in car collisions are concussions, contusions, penetration, and coup-contrecoup. Concussions are probably the most common form of head injury to occur in a car accident. These happen when the brain forcefully comes into contact with the inside of the skull. Contusions are considered bruises on the brain, and they typically come from a sudden impact to the head. Penetrating head injuries are fairly self-explanatory, as they occur when an object penetrates the skull. A coup-contrecoup injury is when the brain suddenly jerks around within the skull. This causes the brain to hit both sides of the inside of the skull, as opposed to just one as in a concussion.
All of these injuries should be treated seriously and taken care of immediately. Healing from them will take time, but Eric Blank Injury Attorneys will be there with you every step of the way.
Lasting Effects of Head Injuries
Regardless of the kind of accident that caused your injury, or the kind of head injury you have, we know that it has a tremendous impact on your quality of life, and because of this, we aim to get you the full compensation you deserve. Other lasting effects of head injuries can include chronic pain, limited mobility, loss in income due to inability to work, nerve pain/damage, brain function loss, brain death, and more. Effects of head injuries are not just felt at the accident scene, but often for an extended period of time after.
If you or a loved one has experienced a head injury in a collision, the Car Accident Lawyers at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys can help you recover compensation for the damages and injuries that you have received. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical Expenses: You may receive compensation for the cost of medical transportation and treatment, including hospital stays
- Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation is quite common and recommended. The cost of rehabilitation can often become a financial burden that should not be yours to bare.
- Lost Wages: If you must take time away from work for doctors visits or because you have lost the ability to work all together, you deserve compensation for lost wages and the loss of capacity to earn.
- Pain and Suffering: We know that not all injuries are visible. Auto accidents can be traumatic and dealing with the psychological burden may not be easy.
- Property Damage: Property damages may cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other property damaged as a result.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys
Car accidents that happen as the result of someone else’s negligence can cause physical and emotional pain as well as impact your quality of life. If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury in a car accident, it is imperative that you contact the car accident attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Law. The car accident Attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys are knowledgeable with all variations of auto accidents and collisions and are prepared to assist you in your claim against the at-fault party.
DO I HAVE A CASE?
Get a free case review and consultation today!