Eliminating the Distraction
When it comes to driving, there are numerous things that can become distractions to the driver and potentially create dangerous situations on the road. We all know the rules of keeping both hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, leaving plenty of room between you and the car ahead, and more. What happens when other priorities beg for our attention when we are at the wheel, however?
Some of the most common driver distractions include answering those text messages or emails, or not waiting to check those Facebook notifications, as well as eating those fries you just got at the drive-thru before they get cold. Talking to passengers in the car can also become a distraction, or changing the music, looking for that perfect road trip station or that pre-work pump up. All of these common activities are unfortunately all too prevalent on the road, but these aren’t the only distractions that can plague drivers. Your Las Vegas Auto Accident Attorneys at Eric Blank Injury Attorneys have some tips for you to avoid auto collisions caused by distracted driving.
Automobile Safety With Children
Oftentimes, parents or caregivers driving with young children can become easily distracted due to multiple factors. To help prevent some of these and eliminate the majority of distractions that kids can present, here are a few tips:
- Make sure children are in a properly fitted car seat, fastened and secured for safety and to eliminate fidgeting or escaping.
- Ensure that the car seat is placed and secured properly, using either a (locking) seat belt the latch method. Regardless of choice, maintaining security is priority to ensure that the seat remains stable and in place.
- Be sure to bring activities to occupy children on drives, regardless of how long the trips are. Common choices include alphabet games, mad libs, or bingo, depending on the age range of your tiny travelers.
- There are plenty of apps that can hold the attention of children in the car as well. Some popular ones to check out are Sago Mini Friends, Drawing Pad, Toga Nature, and Keezy.
Young children are not the only minors that can become distractions in the car. Teenagers can also present numerous distracting activities that they might not even realize. Teaching teenagers to be a good passenger can also improve their driving skills. You can embed quality passenger skills into teenagers by teaching them to:
- Pay attention to the road, even when they are not the one driving.
- Not add extra stress to the driver by rushing them or questioning directions or decisions.
- Put electronics away, even as a passenger, to avoid distracting the driver with the light or with what may be happening on mobile devices.
Avoiding Accidents With Pets
Last, but definitely not least, our pets, especially dogs, can become distractions while driving. This source of distraction is easily eliminated and can be done so by following these simple suggestions:
- Limit open windows in the car, as dogs can easily jump or slip out of fully opened windows, or can be struck by debris with partially open windows.
- Invest in and use a doggy seatbelt.
Seatbelts keep dogs safely on the car seat, with no slipping onto the floor of the car.
- Seatbelts also keep dogs from jumping out or getting too far out of open windows.
- If an accident does happen, a seatbelt restrains the dog and keeps it from becoming a projectile within the car.
- Seatbelts keep dogs from jumping onto the driver’s lap, causing potential accidents.
As you can see, there are many distracting circumstances that may arise while driving, however, these can be prevented or addressed as they happen, keeping our Las Vegas roads safe and clear of accidents.
Distracted Driving Accidents
Unfortunately, not everyone on the roads takes these tips into consideration. Some drivers still allow themselves to become distracted while operating motor vehicles. This leads to dangerous accidents, and unnecessary injuries. If you have been involved in an accident where the other driver was distracted, you may have a case. It is important to hold those drivers responsible for their actions and for you to receive the full compensation that you deserve. Contact us today!
BETTER WITH BLANK
Our client reviews tell the story.
Why Work With Eric Blank Injury Attorneys?
If you or someone you love is the victim of an auto accident or other personal injury, Eric Blank Injury Attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve. We understand the complex medical, legal and emotional issues related to personal injury accidents. We can make sure you get the medical care you need. We can help you obtain compensation to cover therapy, rehabilitation and job retraining. We can retain accident reconstruction experts, workplace injury specialists and investigators as needed. We know how to locate all sources of available insurance. We are experienced at going toe-to-toe with insurance adjusters.
Eric Blank Injury Attorneys are top AV-rated by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.
If you’ve suffered serious injury in a Las Vegas car, truck, motorcycle or workplace accident, trust our personal injury law team to work to get you fair compensation and maximum benefits. Call Eric Blank Injury Attorneys at (702) 213-9343 or fill out our free online case evaluation form for a free and confidential case evaluation today.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW NOW
Have you suffered an injury in Las Vegas or elsewhere in Nevada? You may be entitled to compensation if someone else was at fault for the accident. Find out whether you may have a case today. Fill out the simple form below to get started with a free claim review and get started on what your best legal options are. See how our injury accident attorneys can help.**
Our Practice Areas
Slip & Fall
Slip & Fall